Friday 21 September 2012

Liebster Award

Very happy to get my second blogging award from another blogger, Yakatey Yak, who I acutally met through my last award as she got awarded it as well. It still means a lot that other bloggers acknowledge each other, so I do like seeing these doing the rounds (I also do look at the other blogs so I normally find some hidden gems).

So here are the rules:


1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves

2. They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them

3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag

4. They must then choose 11 bloggers to tag with less than 200 followers

5. These lucky bloggers must be told

6. There are no tag backs
 
Some things about me that you already didn't know
 
* I'm am studying to be a stop smoking consultant after giving up 3 years ago so I can help others quit.
* Being an F1 fan, I actually don't have a drivers license.
* Re-visiting my old music albums - I'm currently obsessed with The Feeling's Twelve Stops From Home.
* I have to wear glasses for reading and computer/blogging.
* I love watching QVC Beauty hours and Gems TV
* I know nearly all the words (including songs) to South Park The Movie.
* This will be my first Christmas NOT working in a retail store after 12 years, and I will not miss it one bit!
* My brother and I were born 10 years apart (He was 40 yesterday and I was 30 in April)
 
Q&A
 
What do you do to relax?
Would you believe I blog, tweet people, read, drink tea, and watch trash TV (according to the husband). Sleep is also the best relaxer :)

What are your biggest fears?
Apart from the 'normal' - Breaking my nails when they get long and jelly fish after I got stung by a baby one on Isle of Wright.

What are three things that are unique about you?
Sense of Humour,

What TV show is your favourite and why?
Love cartoons - Watched The Simpsons since it started in 1989, as well as Family Guy.

What are your top three bands of all time?
Still love what Estee Lauder are doing, Adore Lush (I found them when they had no mail order and you could only get them in Convent Garden, London), MUA Cosmetics just becuase of the prices and quality, so far they've impressed me with everything they've done.

What is your favourite thing to shop for?
Nail varnish wtihout a doubt, think kid in a candy store!

What does your natural hair look like?
The same as it does now, deep dark brown and wavy. I embrace my hair and the hair dye to keep the greys at bay.

What are three things you love about yourself?
I will do anything for the people I care for, I work hard for what I want, and the fact that I can still have a laugh when things get bad.

Why did you start blogging?
I was inspired by Brit Beauty Blogger and thought I could write about my knowledge that I had, as well as use it as an excuse to wear/buy more nail varnish (and use my qualications in it!). Haven't regretted it at all.

What is your favourite colour of nail polish?
Red - However my blue varnishes now outnumber my reds (8 blue to 3 reds!). Today I am rokcing some pretty french white tips, very chic.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
Working for myself as a beauty therapist and blogger, still with husband, maybe kids and a vast amount of nail varnish!

Nominations

Bex from Furtures
A Nutty Style of Life
Nikkilou Loves
Beauty on a Budget
Better with Beauty
Cruelty Free Cottage
It's A Bloggers World
Ivorysmoke (even though I think she already has one)

Questions (because I really liked Yakatey Yak's questions)

  1. What do you do to relax?
  2. What are your biggest fears?
  3. What are three things that are unique about you?
  4. What TV show is your favourite and why?
  5. What are your top three bands of all time?
  6. What is your favourite thing to shop for?
  7. What does your natural hair look like?
  8. What are three things you love about yourself?
  9. Why did you start blogging?
  10. What is your favourite colour of nail polish?
  11. Where do you see yourself in five years?

There we go another award to stick on the page :) Thank you again for passing it on to me, it really does me a lot x


2 comments:

  1. I think I've seen the Liebster Award about 3483483 times on several blogs now and still can't get enough of everyone's answers :) Not least because I'm so nosey haha but I think it's nice to read random facts about the person behind the blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are interesting to read, I like the random facts! :) x

      Delete

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you