Tuesday 11 September 2012

Bloggers Block and Solving it with a Q&A

This weekend I've drawn a blank, which has never happened. I am sure it happens to most bloggers that you just cannot get inspired to find something to talk about. I am currently in the middle of trailing some new products out like Avon's new skincare treatment, Purity skincare, and some fantastic Montenge Jessense products (including a lip balm!). At the end of the month I am also going to Olympia Beauty, a beauty trade show to browse what is coming up over the AW season as well as anything I want to add my collection.

I spotted the below on one of the blogs (Mymaneblog) I follow who is also one of the #bbloggers who works tireless to make sure that everything is run as fairly as possible for our twitter chats on a Wed/Sun night at 8pm. It also provides a few answers on a few basics about my own skincare and make up routines which you will hopefully find useful.

I do also want to take this time to say hello to readers and say thank you for the comments I have had over the weekend (I will replying over the next week to you all).

Skincare



Q: How many times do you wash your face daily?
A: If I'm not wearing make up I just use a foaming face wash, or I cleanse the make off and then give it a wash if feel I haven't got that 'clean' feel.

Q: What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
A: The traditional T-zone over the head, nose and chin. Now I'm getting older it's starting to change that need to give it a bit more TLC on the drier parts

Q: What is your current facial wash?
A: Love Your Skin Rosewood wash - Got this in my LatestinBeauty Editiors Box, love the delicate scent, soft exfoliating action and pump bottle.

Q: Do you exfoliate?
A: I do but not as much as I used to because it used to make my skin inflamed.

Q: What brand do you use?
A: Currently a mixture of Purity, Avon, Boots No.7, whatever I'm trailing out really.

Q: What moisturiser do you use?
A: Currently the Avon treatment with some Clarins' Beauty Flash Balm if my skin needs a boost.

Q: Do you have freckles?
A: Yes, they come out more when I catch the skin, but it's also why I have to be careful with the sunscreen.

Q: Do you use eye cream?
A: No, I don't really just because I don't have any. My favourite has been Estee Lauders Advance Night Repair, you need the smallest amount but it's light and does what it says.

Q: Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
A: Not as bad as when I was a teen but I still get them, epically on the days I really don't need them!
 
Make Up
 
 

Q: What foundation do you use?
A: Currently MUA BB Cream

Q: How about concealer?
A: I use YSL's Touche Eclat and Estee Lauder's Disappear as mentioned here

Q: Do you know your undertone colour?
A: Olive, but often get mistaken for more of English rose pink.

Q: What do you think of fake eyelashes?
A: Nothing wrong with them at all! Worn them when on special occasions and when the lashes are the focus of the look.

Q: Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
A: Yes of course, my maximum is 6 months of usage before it goes.

Q: What brand of mascara do you use?
A: Max Factor Masterpiece in black brown, still love 2000 Calories as well.

Q: Boots or Superdrug?
A: Being a former Boots girl it'll have to be Boots, but Superdrug because I love MUA Cosmetics and it's exclusive there

Q: What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
A: Can't live without my brushes and clean fingers to finish off.

Q: Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
A: A bit of concealer and powder before eyeshadow still works for me.

Q: For the face?
A: However my face still needs a helping hand, just finishing Benefits Porefessional.

Q: What is your favourite eyeshadow (colour or shade)?
A: Was Estee Lauder's Tea Biscuit, best base shadow ever! Need to find a replacement.

Q: Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
A: Pencil for day then liquid for night

Q: How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
A: Not as much as I used to!

Q: Do you use mineral makeup?
A: Great for day wear and sensitive skins. They're now coming on leaps and bounds, might be my next investment, so any recommendations will be great.

Q: What is your favourite lipstick?
A: Red - Always on the look for a new red lippie, a girl can never ever have enough red lip!

Q: How about lipgloss?
A: Juicy Tubes, I have tubes that seem to be going on for years. Melon is the perfect all rounder colour.

Q: What is your favourite blush to use?
A: I fall in and out of love with blusher, still trying to find the 'one'

Q: Do you buy your makeup on eBay?
A: Nail varnish yes (See Here), other stuff - not really not without knowing what I'm buying.

Q: Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
A: Currently doing my BTEC in Make Up Artistry so yes I may have.

Q: Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
A: No I did at first, the brush used to shake in my hands when I did my first customer.

Q: Name a makeup crime that you hate?
A: Any foundation too dark or too light, there are no excuses for it anymore.

Q: Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
A: Neutral eyes but a bright lip, I'm still trying to embrace colour on eyes without looking like a drag queen.

Q: If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use?
A: Lip balm, I have loads because my lips dry out and get flaky without it.

Q: Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
A: Yes I do. See below: Scotland April 2012



Q: Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
A: I like to think I look OK, it's not the end of the world. I try look after my skin so even without make up it still looks the best it can.

Q: In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
A: I will always hold a soft spot for Estee Lauder as I worked for them a long time and they gave me my first job in cosmetics. Other than that Bourjois just make the cutest packaging and colours, while Urban Decay are just fun and funky.

Q: What do you think of Makeup?
A: I've found that I've made friends just by talking nail varnish or lipstick. We want the same thing: To be the best that we can be. There are some women who are just stunning, but who hide underneath a mask because they lack the confidence. I really wish they knew how stunning they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you