Wednesday 29 January 2014

MyBeautyCompare.com

MyBeautyCompare.com is a new beauty website on the block. Not only does it house reviews and a beauty forum where you can ask like minded people for their recommendations, but also after setting a profile they an point you in the direction of what would suit you. This site isn't all about the top end but also has a mix of the high street as well.

I had actually heard about this site on Twitter when they hosted a chat alongside another blogger and when I was approached to review the site myself, I had already had a profile set up (Unevenlemming is the user name is you feel the need to look me up).

How accurate are the recommendations? Let's take the biggest make up headache of them all, foundation. I have combination skin, with fair, neutral undertones, am a busy mother who works part time. I was recommended MAC Studio Fix (Which is one I'm keen to try), Bare Minerals powder and Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is one of my favourite foundations. On to nails and the top recommendations there were OPI, which yet again is another brand I am a fan of.

You get given 4 recommendations, and out of mine there was always one product that I have tried and loved before, but it also had ones that if I was offered to try I would jump at the opportunity. I do like the fact that there was a good mix of High street as well as premium (I got about a 50/50 mix of each in my recommendations), so if you felt a little more flush with the cash then you could find the equal to the high street brand and visa versa.

When I have a little more time on my hands I want to dive into the reviews side of the website, written by people who have used the product before and are as honest as you can get from a consumer. There is a forum for people to get advice and ask questions, this is still in the beginning phase but I can see this growing.

*This is a sponsered post, however I was already looking at the website before being asked to review it. All opinion is my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you