Wednesday 15 January 2014

Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel

Image via Elemis Website

I have a rather guilty admission -I had a 15ml sample of this, used it up and then started missed it greatly. Why did I miss it? I noticed how beneficial it was to my skin and how people used to compliment on how my skin glowed.

This is my first trail into peels, I have always been a scrub person. The ones that if they didn't feel like they were physically removing layer of skin then I would think that they wasn't working. When my skin changed to being more sensitive, of course this action made it red and inflamed.

I had previously been reading about peels on other blogs (namely Pampered Prince) and they sounded what I needed to replace my harsh scrub. An enzyme peel provides a deep clean and resurface of the skin but because it uses plant extracts it a lot more gentle on sensitive skin while providing the benefits of dead skin cell removal.

I adore this, it seems like a refreshing mocktail but isn't overly sweet. I leave it on for the recommended time of 10 minutes after a shower. It does instantly make my skin look brighter and more even toned (I have combination/sensitive skin).

It was when I went into my work place the next day during my maternity leave that they all remarking that I looked "glowing" and bright, I had only been on leave at this point for a week. My makeup was going on more easier and I had converted back to my Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream as my skin had gone so clear again.

The price is also very reasonable, 50ml for £29.50 from Elemis website. I do seriously need to replenish this and soon (I did hint at Santa but I don't think he got the message in time).

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you