Monday 30 December 2013

Best of 2013

I honestly cannot believe we are now at the end of 2013, this year really has flown by. It has been another mixed year, the joy of qualifying for my BTEC in Make Up Artistry and finding out I was pregnant with our first child; alongside the downsizing of our home, my husband losing his job and family illness.

2014 is starting to line up to be a year of a lot of changes and I really do not have a clue how everything is going to be until Minilemming makes an appearance. I have not really planned anything as I have learnt that when I do plan and it falls through it only makes me more stressed!

Before we embrace a new year let's have a reflection on the year that is going:

Products that I'm having a love affair with


B.Skincare Replishing Facial Oil - This was my discovery in September from British Beauty Blog and managed to get my hands on a preview bottle before launch. It's light but powerful, smoothed my skin out with feeling I had an oil slick on it. It was love from first use.


Herbal Essences Bee Strong Honey Mask - Not only does it smell like toffee but it does smooth down frizzy hair and brings a shine to it. I can see the difference every time I've used it compared to when I've use my normal conditioner. I do have to resist over using because I love it that much.


Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream - Best base product I have ever tried, hides redness, smooth's out skin tone, perfect colour (for me at least) and doesn't look like I've dipped my face in a cement mixer. The only product this year that I was given a sample of in a goody bag and went back to buy the full sized product even before finishing that sample.

Brand that I discovered this year and loved everything I've tried (so far)


The whole NSpa has without a doubt been a small revolution to me, I got gifted their mum-to-be collection when another blogger got me in touch with them. They are an exclusive to Asda but I like them enough that I could happily get the two buses it would take to get across town to restock. They are Spa inspired but at really affordable prices (around £6), smell great without being sickly, which was a blessing when everything was making me feel sick early pregnancy. Well worth an investigation if you haven't already.

Blog Bits

Most popular entry (other than giveaways) - Superdrug AW 2013 Press Preview My first official PR day and loved every moment, got to met some great Superdrug people as well as other Bloggers. Still kicking myself over not going to say hello to Bettina of Beauty Swot and Jane from British Beauty Blog.

Most Comments - How Commenting has Rattled Me Not surprised this seemed to hit the nail on head with a lot of fellow bloggers. Thank you again to everyone who got in touch and shared their thoughts, it one of the main reasons I started blogging.

Highest of number of readers came from America, then UK and Russia (привет means hello).

Twitter is still my biggest referral site where people find the blog from (other social media available).

Goodbye 2013 and Hello new beginnings in 2014.
Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you