Thursday 12 December 2013

Weleda Stretch Mark Massage Oil

 
 
I will tell you this now, I am now a huge fan of Weleda, but it wasn't an instant love affair. I have previously reviewed one of their body oils before (Weleda's Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil ).

When I announced my pregnancy they did send me a mum-to-be package (which included this and the soon to be used Calendula Face Cream 50ml) to help me over the next few months. Weleda is a certified natural producer, and have been producing medicines and cosmetic products for skin since 1921. There is a huge amount of experience and knowledge in their products.

The base blend has Sweet Almond Oil (light source of fatty acids, perfect for dry skin), Jojoba Oil (close to natural oils in the skin), and Wheatgerm Oil (contains high level of Vitamin E). To this base blend they add Arnica Montana Flower Extract which eases tightness of the stretched skin.

This results in a thick, rich oil with a slight delicate nutty scent. I found on my skin it sunk in easily without leaving any residue behind, but still hefty enough to be used as a massage oil. My skin felt softer afterwards and any dry patches that I has been having were now no bother at all. I found I used this more in the evening as an extra rich, warming treatment before bed or at time where my skin felt it was being stretched out.

For 100ml it is £15.95, it is on the higher end of the price scale per a ml. I have found that a little 10p pence size amount can cover a large area easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you