Saturday 1 December 2012

So Long, Farewell Empties

While my computer is indisposed I'm relying on my little tablet to write my entries on. I have a ASUS Honeycomb with a dock so I can turn it into a laptop to type. However, it does have it restrictions like with some websites (like blogger) it won't let me edit the page as much as I could on a normal desk top. This does throw a little spanner in the works, especially as this computer has my rough drafts of my Masterclasses so at the moment they are on hold until my IT Tech of a husband can get the thing working (It will be worth the wait, I promise!)

Until then we shall carry on...

This is the first time that I have really finished anything that isn't a small sample to actually write a 'empties' post about. The way things have worked out is that all of my favourite long term products have finished all at once so I wanted to pile them together and talk about them.

First up is the Shampoo and conditioner from Ojon that I got in the promotion they did about March/April time. This is where when you spent over £20 you got a pair of their Volume shampoo and conditioner. I started using this about late April/May and finished mid November time (using 2-3 times a week). I am impressed with the lasting time of this, it is a 200ml bottle and I found that you need a small amount like 5p pence to get a good lather. The conditioner is also still rich with the smallest amounts. I do dye my hair I use the given treatment conditioner once a week instead of this, that also extended its use.

The scent is a warm nut oil scent because of the Ojon oil content, I found this pleasant and not overbearing, that also lingers well without over powering. Does it deserve it's £16 per a bottle price tag? I certainly do think it does, it provided a volume and smoothing that my hair needed. Doing the beauty maths each bottle cost me £2.66 a month for the 6 months. The hair oil that I had from the range from my March Glossybox is still going strong at 7 months.

The next product is Tesco's Coco Butter body lotion for the princely sum of £1.15. I brought this when it was closer to the end of the month and money was tighter but I till didn't want to neglect my body. It is basic, and the Cocoa butter scent is sickly and artificial, but it did the job it stopped my skin from drying out and feeling itchy.

Then there is Etat Pur Miceller Water hat I got June time from my latestinbeauty.com YOU skincare box. I didn't know much about micellers waters before this, and I didn't like toners before, I thought there were a waste of money as I never found one I liked. This is designed to be a supplement cleanser, I use it on days where I'm not wearing wearing make up as a water cleanser that refreshes. For when I am wearing make up I use it as an extra cleanser step, it still pulls of dirt that I've missed. It doesn't irritate my eyes or skin, and for about £7 for 250ml I'm repurchasing as soon as possible.

For my last it is the fondest farewell for Estee Lauder's Re-Nutriv Hand Cream. I have had this for 3 years (but only been using it for 2 years), it was a gift from Estee Lauder when I worked for them when we hit an incentive (I think it was selling a lot of mascaras at a new launch). I got this with the matching body cream (which has long gone!). It is £52 lets get that out  of the way, and it is stunningly rich to the point that you need to push a lot into the tube to get this thick cream out. I used it in the evenings before bed, which meant in the morning my hands are softer and my nails stronger. Since I finished this I miss it greatly, and now I am on the hunt for my replacement that can still give me the benefits but maybe not for £52.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you