Wednesday 26 December 2012

Simply Having A Wonderful Christmastime

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas, we stuck to same plan that has happened for the past few years: My parents in the morning before they went out for dinner and then round to the in laws for dinner ourselves.

My parents were as generous as they are (apparently my mum goes a little nuts on presents). I got some really great stuff, I won't bore you some highlights were the latest British Bake Off books, as well as Jamie's 15min Meals, both Adele albums (which I am loving! Have 21 on now), clothes and the compulsory pack of socks.

My brother's girlfriend brought me OPI's The Bondettes mini collection, she didn't even know I was already a huge fan of OPI. Husband also gave me the Essie Beyond Cosy that he nicked off of me when I ordered it for myself (as well as Muse's new album and Maroon's 5), that reminds me he still hasn't paid me back for the varnish.....

Due to a lack of funds we had to be a bit more creative with presents this year, one of them is pictured below for my soon to be sister-in-law.


I painted a set if these for her as she loves Stitch from Disney's Lilo and Stitch. The accent nail has a little happy alien which the others have flowers done by dotting/stripping tools. The main blue/lilac colour is Rimmel's Aqua Cool, and the rest was done using Rimmel's Black Cab and Fuchsia. The glitter is from stripping paints that I had. These took about a day to do while I was waiting for coats to dry as well as in between baking for the rest of the presents.

I am now not back to work until Monday so I can get some rest and catch up on things I've been putting off as well as get myself organised for the next coming months (I got a diary to put it all in now). Time to make the hard decision of what new colour to paint my nails, especially as I've just brought some new ones in the online sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you