Monday 26 November 2012

Versatile Blogger Award

From the lovely Pixie Dust And Fairytales

The Rules:
· Each blogger tagged must post 11 random facts about themselves · They must answer the 11 questions posted by the previous blogger · They must create 11 new questions to ask their tagged bloggers · They must then tag 11 blogs with less than 200 followers apiece · The bloggers must be told · No tag backs!


Random facts
  1. My bridesmaid first child is due to be born next year on 11th April, my 31st birthday (and I've overjoyed for her!)
  2. I have 3 months left to finish my BTEC and am starting to panic!
  3. Dita Von Teese, Jessie J and Katy Perry are my girl crushes.
  4. I have just over 30 books on a to be read pile.
  5. I own one of the original Furby's, it's cream and white.
  6. I've been following F1 since late 1995
  7. I've attended for F1 races: Britian 1997,1998, and 1999, and Belguim 1999.
  8. I play Gems (also known as Bejeweled) on my phone when I'm bored (or not tweeting!)
  9. I can't think of anything else!

How long have you been blogging? And what made you start?

It will be 1 year on 25th January, after injuring my knee and spending the time reading other blogs. I thought there was space here for an ex-counter girl to throw her two cents in.

What is the main focus of your blog? (e.g. nails, make up, reviews?)

I would say more nails and reviews, but make up is creeping in as I gain more confidence.

How often, on average, do you think "Hmmm...I could blog that!"?

Everyday, at least twice, I get in front of a keyboard and it's gone. That's why my phone note app is full of ideas.

Have you mentioned your blogging to friends and family or do you prefer to keep it private?

My blog auto loads on my facebook so my friends do read it because they ask about it! My family are supportive and want to know how its doing.

What do you look for when reading a new blog? Numbers of followers? Quality of photos?

A mixutre of things, just more the personality of the person coming through, If I keep tripping over the blog a few times while searching for something else then I normanally follow them through that as well.

How do you take the best photos for your blog?

I have a list of what I want to write about and I try to get as many done during the day as much as possible. Can't wait for summer again! Sometimes I just snap them on the fly.

What's your best beauty bargain?

A tube of baby bum cream that I use for my dry chapped lips, it's about £2.79 and you need the smallest amount.

What are some of your holy grail products?

Face masks instantly can change skin and a great treat, I do have a soft spot for Montagne Jeunesse. Make up I really like the MUA palettes because they are very good selections, strong pigments and are aroun £4-6.
How long does it take you to get ready for an average day?


From bed to out the door about 30 minutes (with the lightest make up), but if I'm going out I do prefer to take my time.

Do you tone down your make-up look for work?

I do, I don't want to scare people away!

If you could only wear one nail varnish for the rest of your life, what would it be?

It'll be a red, but I'm not sure which one - I own quite a few :D

Questions

How long have you been blogging? And what made you start?

What is the main focus of your blog? (e.g. nails, make up, reviews?)

How often, on average, do you think "Hmmm...I could blog that!"?

How have you developed since you started?

If you did it all again, what would you change?

What's best bit of advice you've ever been given?

What's your dream?

What are the products you would buy again?

How long does it take you to get ready for an average day?

Girl crush?

If you could only wear one nail varnish for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Nominations

Glamourologist (About the History of Beauty)
Pink & Polished (Nail Art)
Kel Loves (Mixture of reviews and views)
Make Up Guinea Pig (Overseas Animal and Nail Lover)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for nominating me! - I finally did my post (though I cheated a little!) http://www.kelloves.com/2013/01/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you