Monday 19 May 2014

Please Don't Vote for Me


It's that time in the blogging calender again where the whole of my Twitter/Facebook/Bloglovin feed is full of 'Vote for me' pleas. It's also the time that I want to go into hibernation until the whole thing blows over. It sends a wave of people begging for votes, then depression as they don't get nominated.

Just because you don't get nomiated it does not mean that what you write is not valued, you have people who read you every time you write, the people who want to work with you. This is the best time to reflect why you started your blog in the first place. I started this to occupy myself while I recover from a knee injury and now it is a record of my daughter as well as my sounding board.

Blogging should give you joy in itself and if it isn't then you should be reviewing if it is for you. Today I reviewed my Tots100 ranking and I had gone from 864 to 1201, yes I was upset and started to beat myself up on it. Hubby reminded me that I started this for me and not for follows, rankings, etc.

I know that I am a small fish in a very large pond and you know what I'm comfortable with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you