Wednesday 21 May 2014

Bethany Update - Month 4

Beth is growing fast, we are now in the 4 month growth spurt where she develops and grows at such a rate she changes every week. She's now takes an interest in her toys and her favourite is this ball we got from Mothercare. She was crying her buggy one day and I pick this up to move it. Her eyes lit up and she stopped crying, I shook it near her and she reached out for it. How could I not buy it for her? Added bonus it was in the half price sale.

Beth is so aware of her surroundings now, if we are somewhere new she has to look around first before she smiles at people. Her evening thing to do is to watch me eat my dinner which bodes well for when we start weening on onto food. This will hopefully improve her weight as she is only still a small little girl at 10lbs and only just gone into 3-6 sleepsuits while in 0-3 for everything else.


The sleep patterns has changed that she does wake up at 3.30am every night, but goes straigh back to sleep after a change and a bottle. We do get days were she oly wants Mummy and any plans I have I cannot carry on as she wants my constant attention. This does affect most of my own time but I've learnt to just go with the flow and not plan anything but cuddles.

The most exciting bit as I write this is that a few hours ago she rolled onto her tummy for the first time. She didn't cry, just layed there and sucked her fingers. She did try to lean on her arms but got frustracted then cried. She also loves her baby massage classes, not for sleep but for the naked time!


4 comments:

  1. Aww! She's a month ahead of my daughter so I have all this to look forward to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly after month 4 they are completely different, Beth's come on leaps and bounds!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you