Thursday 5 September 2013

Skincare Right Now (aka The Skincare Tag)

L-R: SkinTruth Toner, Boots No.7 Eye Make Up Remover, Estee Lauder Daywear Plus, Antipodes Divine Oil, Purity 3-1 Cleanser and Dermalogica Micro Exfoliator.


Describe your skincare routine in 5 words..

Whatever works right now
(with a word to spare)

What's your skin type?

At the moment erratic - with my hormones dipping up and down, it show more on my skin. On Monday it was so clear and glowing, I wore no base but the next day I had to put on a full base on to cover the blotchy redness. It also can be sensitive, the routine I have now is a result of a lot of misses and it's the first time in a while that my skin has reacted positive to products for a while.

What's your favourite skincare product?

Antipodes Divine Avocado and Rosehip Facial Oil has been the biggest revelation to my skin, it has been soothing and noursing to my erratic skin. I love the scent of this, I like to breath it's relaxing scent in before I massage it in. It is now an essential part of my skincare routine.

Top blemish zapper

Witch Blemish Stick - had it since I was a teenager and I haven't found anything since that really comes close and is cost effective. The formula has never changed all the time its been available, if its not broke, why fix it? (A PS - the anti-blemish primer is also a brilliant high street product, I will be reviewing this in the next coming weeks)

Face wipes - yay or nay?

They are a huge nay - I never feel fully 'cleansed' after using one, it more feels like I'm moving the dirt/grime around my face rather than cleaning. They are however better than not taking make up off at all (very useful when I used to go out in the evening and return in the morning).

Toner - yay or nay?

I used to be very anti toner, even when working for Estee Lauder. This hugely changed as I got older, I underestimated how much of a cleansing bonus they are to routine and this was merely was I found 'The one' in Etat Pur. That has now run out and I am now finishing the one I had in my stock pile.

High End Skincare or High End Makeup?

Skincare without a doubt, look after your skin and it'll glow needing less make up. I have first no make up that comes close to that glowing fresh skinned look. I would also invest in more high end foundation just because of pigments and tones (As you know I am really pale), the rest the high street does perfect.

What's the most unusual facial product you've tried?

Nothing would you believe, if I wasn't pregnant I would of offered to be a trail person for my workplace as they just launched Vampire facial there. It involves taking blood from your arm, separating the layer that’s filled with platelets and then injecting it through tiny needles into your face. It suppose to smooth and rejuvenate the face.

You're in a French Pharmacy and can only pick one item - what would it be?

I wouldn't know to be honest, I would probably in my GCSE French ask for recommendations. I do like a little hidden gem.

Tell us your skincare tip

Review your skincare with every season, skin is constantly changing (remember you get new skin cells come to the surface every 28 days). Anything can affect it: stress, seasons and as I well know at the moment, pregnancy.

Many Thanks to the awesome Lisahh-Jayne for tagging me and I open it up to anyone who wants to give it go. Stick your link in comments, I'm nosey and want to read them!








 

2 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful skincare items! I love Estee Lauder cream and I agree that face wipes always leave me feeling a little bit dirty.

    *following*

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for the follower - It took a while but it's a brilliant selection :) x

      Delete

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you