Monday 17 March 2014

Garnier Ultimate Blends: The Silky Smoother Collection



My current hair needs a lot of TLC at the moment, it's in drastic need of a trim as well as being more drier and frizzy. I have naturally very curly hair that if not looked after can be a mass of frizz. I also have a limited budget at the moment, I cannot afford to take myself to a hairdresser every 6 weeks to keep it trim, as well as time limited as Bethany is now eating every 3 hours and becomes a diva if it is not on time. With this going on something that can extend the life and look of my hair is a huge plus.

I am on the mailing list for Garnier and have previously taken part in their sampling programmes, I got an email asking if I was interested in trying this new range. I took the online survey and waiting for my assumed sachet samples to arrive. I was hugely surprised to find that I got sent the whole set of full sized products, lesson learnt, never assume!

This forms their Ultimate Collection range based on British hair requirements, each of the 6 ranges contain a Shampoo, conditioner, dry shampoo, hair oil and hair masks. I have the Silky Smooth range for mid-long length hair that frizzes, this contains the matching shampoo and conditioner as well as a exfoliating hair mask (yes you read that correctly).

The scent is a soft Brazilian Vanilla with a Papaya undertone, this makes it fruity but the vanilla tones it done to a softer scent. The ingredients also help soften the hair and calming down that frizz. The exfoliant I wasn't too sure of at first, however the result I got changed my mind, my curls were more defined this lasted to the next wash (I usually wash between 2-3 days). The exfoliant is suppose to work by using microbeads to exfoliate split ends, can a hair mask exfoliate the hair shaft? I am a little doubtful about this but the mask does it job of leaving my hair softer, smoother and looking like it has come fresh from a salon.

I really liked the while range to the point that I am looking for where it is on offer so I can get some back ups for the shampoo and conditioner. The exfoliate I feel it very much a gimmick and I still prefer my Herbal Essence Be Strong hair mask. If they had done this as a hair mask without the beads, then yes I would be looking to purchase this too.

You can purchase the range now from any High Street chemist/supermarket, prices from £2.79 for 250ml or £3.79 for 400ml

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you