We use mascara to enhance the lashes of the eye whether we want to lengthen, thicken or curl them. It can make the eyes seem more 'open' and whiter, thus looking more appealing. Each formula will have it's own benefits to bring to your lashes:
- Lengthen - These are designed to make the lashes longer, and are more suitable with the lucky ones who already have thick lashes but feel they need them longer
- Thicken - Contain a higher level of fibres that build up the lashes, can come as a primer or inside the mascara itself.
- Curls - Without using a manual curler (like an eyelash curler) can provide a more curved appearance, but if used with a curler can look more dramatic.
And then there are the mascaras out there that do it all!Applying:
- Make sure that the lashes are free from any dirt or residue of previous make up using a remover during the pre make-up prep as this will make application easier.
- If you are using a manual eye curler this is where I would use it, I have pre-warmed the curler using a hair dryer to keep the curl for longer (Use only for a few seconds, enough where it touch warm rather than hot).
- Pull the wand out of tube, if it is still 'fresh' I find it has that satisfying little pop noise to it. You should replace mascaras every 3 months to reduce any chance of bacteria breeding that transfers from your lashes to the inside of the tube.
- Looking slightly down, use the unwanded hand to lift the brow, this lifts the lashes up so you find it easier to access the root of the lashes.
- Apply mascara from the roots to the tip while wiggling the brush as this coats the lashes better (do this while pulling your most impressive "mascara face")
- Add another coat as needed.
Don't feel like mascara is enough? Masterclass in False Lashes here
Need to take it all off? Masterclass in Cleansing here
Want to know the next Masterclass? Look it up here