Thursday 18 April 2013

FOTD: BTEC Coursework - Bridal

 
It feels long ago now to be talking about my final pieces from my BTEC in Make up artistry coursework. I qualified for my BTEC in Make Up Artistry in February after submitting a portfolio of evidence. The final pieces were 5 set briefs (you will see four of them due to model agreements) that needed to be filled, over the next few weeks I am planning to share as many of these pieces as I can starting with Bridal.
 
With the bridal brief it was for a 20-30 woman who hardly wears make up and wanted to still look natural but still had in mind the needs of the day.
 
Primer: MUA Cosmetics
Foundation: Rimmel Wake Me Up in Ivory
Concealer: Estee Lauder Disappear in Light
Blusher: MUA in Shade 4
Eye Shadow: Sleek Sparkle 2 Palette
Eye Liner: Rimmel liquid in Brown
Mascara: Lancome Hypnose Drama in Black
Lip liner: Estee Lauder in Fig
Lipstick: Estee Lauder in Vintage Mauve
 
Of course using a foundation with SPF produces the 'ghost' effect that is produced here, so if this was put onto a bride I would use one without. However the really like the glow finish of Wake Me Up foundation, the coverage is build able and photographs well. I still like to use my creamy Estee Lauder concealer, it blends well without creasing as well as being light enough for pale skins. You will notice that the Sleek palette appear more over the next few weeks, it has been my go to because of the pigments and shimmer/sparkle.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's perfect, I'm so happy with it. Nothing beats glowing skin :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave messages, suggestions and general musings on life below. All comments are moderated before posting. Thank you